Visitor Count

Friday 8 October 2010

At Home by Bill Bryson

Ever since my brother Brian introduced me to Notes on a Small Island I've been an avid follower and reader of Bill Bryson's books. Those that were published before NoaSI I have in paperback, and those after in hardback. All of them I have in digitalised audio book form on my iPod, some copied from tapes.

So I was delighted to learn on Monday (via my wife and PBS radio)  that he had a new book out, entitled At Home: A Short History of Private Life. I immediately bought the book and Audio Book, and have been listening and reading all week.

I can thoroughly recommend this latest effort, but for the purposes of this blog I'll stop there. However it has reminded me that Beth and I are coming up to a six month Anniversary of settling into our new home (officially 15th October), so I thought I'd celebrate with another phototour round the various rooms and outdoor areas, to see how we've settled in, and if we're keeping it tidy.

1 comment:

Followers